Voir la version française en cliquant juste ICI
Welcome to Haute Ecole Lucia de Brouckère!
The HELdB is a higher education institution, a University College, situated on two different campuses, one in Brussels (Anderlecht) and one in Jodoigne (50km East from Brussels).
Every year The Haute Ecole Lucia de Brouckère welcome Erasmus students and teachers from the partner institutions that have signed a bilateral agreement with us.
Any student, who is interested in a stay with us will find on our web site all necessary information regarding the course programmes we can offer, by choosing the right study department.
Here is our Erasmus+ student guide (EN)
PRACTICAL INFORMATION, ACADEMIC CALENDAR, COURSE CATALOGUE, COURSE SCHEDULES & APPLICATION PROCEDURE
HELdB is pleased to welcome exchange students from its partner institutions in the framework of :
• the Erasmus+ mobility programme of the European Commission
• the Belgian Erasmus Belgica exchange scheme
If you feel like planning an exchange study period with us next academic year (Fall and/or Spring semester), here are some links that will help you to prepare your stay at HELdB.
Institutional fact sheet 2023-24 : click here
Please be aware of the fact that all our courses are taught in French (expected level B1/B2) and that we do not offer any programme courses in English (besides the language courses, of course).
Deadlines for application
Fall semester (from early September to late January) : 15th May
Spring semester (from early February to late June) : 15th November
How to apply for a (study or training) period at HELdB ?
1. Your home institution (sending institution) has to officially nominate you by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Complete the online application form HERE
3. Required documents to be sent by email to email@example.com before your arrival:
- ID photo
- ID copy
- Learning agreement signed by you and your home institution
- Copy of European health card or private insurance (insurance covering the civil liability as well as any accident happening during academic activities)
- Language certificate (OLS test or other test internationally recognised)
- CV + Letter of motivation
- Transcript of records (home university)
- Proof of your nomination (document from home university testifying the student’s selection to the exchange program).
4. Within the 5 days following the online application, the student(s) will receive a confirmation email with a Learning Agreement to fill in and sign (both student and home institution). The model of the sending institution can also be used.
5. These confirmation documents have to be sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to check the full application form.
Academic recognition of mobility
All the training modules followed by an Incoming student at the HELdB are confirmed with the number of credits (ECTS) provided for in the learning agreement. The learning agreement is subject to consultation, analysis and validation between the HELdB and the partner.
These training modules are an integral part of the student’s curriculum. They are subject to examination and/or assessment. The results appear in the transcript of records following the equivalence table.
The HELdB will send the Transcript of Records to the student and his/her home institution within five weeks of the end of his/her stay/evaluation.
When it is not possible to establish a conversion table, the following credit transfer system is applied:
– Grades expressed in figures are transcribed as such in the student’s HELdB report card.
– Letter grades are subject to the grading scale available here according to the destination country.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our departments🙂.
Looking for accomodation
The HELdB does not run its own student residences, so you will have to find a room on the private housing market.
However, we work actively with two partners (Citycampus and Erasmusplay) who can find a solution to your needs :
Are you a student and looking for suitable accommodation? Discover our brand new CityCampus student residence located in the Brussels-Capital Region. A place where students can come home.
Student residence CityCampus not only meets the basic needs of housing, but also includes high-quality communal areas (living, study and relaxation areas) that are spread over the entire building. CityCampus has 289 hip rooms and studios to accommodate students.
This student residence was divided into 18 communities, each with 15 rooms with private sanitary facilities and a communal kitchen. There are also (wheelchair accessible) studios for 1 or 2 people available in each community.
The start of the rental of student residence City Campus is planned from academic year 2023-2024.
For more information, visit our website: https://www.citycampus.be/en
Thanks to our successfull collaboration with the Erasmus Play start-up from the University of Zaragoza, one of our partners in Spain, which connects universities in Europe with student organisations, we are able to detect students’ needs and offer them the best experience in finding accommodation.
Erasmus Play is a student accommodation search engine designed to help students from partner universities find accommodation across Europe. All accommodation listed in the search engine is 100% verified to avoid fraud.
The benefits of Erasmus Play :
1. It is free of charge
2. Erasmus Play staff will give lectures and Q&A sessions at outgoing and incoming student meetings.
3. Possibility to find accommodation quickly throughout Europe and especially in Brussels
4. Guaranteed offers and services, with refunds in case of dissatisfaction
For more information, visit the Erasmusplay website: https://erasmusplay.com/en/
If you’re looking for other accommodation solutions,, here are some relevant sites.
If after consulting all these sites, you still haven’t found a room, do not hesitate to contact the international relations office to email@example.com
Why study in Belgium?
We invite you to follow the video of the Wallonie-Bruxelles Campus via these links:
The International Relations Office
Follow us on social media :
Instagram –> Heldb_erasmusplus
Facebook –> HELdB – Erasmus+
LinkedIn –> HELdB Erasmus